E-Z Does It Smoked Chipotle Wings
The bi-product of a great Super Bowl party? A brand new chicken wing recipe (all is well with the world)
2 1/2 Lbs. of Fresh Chicken Wings
1 Deep Fryer Full of Fat (Vegetable Oil)
1 Stick of unsalted butter
1 Jar of Tabasco Smoked Chipotle Sauce
1. Preheat fryer full of fat
2. Using a sharp knife, separate wings at the joints, discarding the nub.
3. On the stove, steam the wings (similar to how you would steam vegetables) for approximately five minutes and let them sit and cool for five minutes. (if you don't want to do this step, its not the end of the world, we just think it keeps the wings moist while frying crisper on the outside)
4. Once the fat (oil) is hot, place an appropriate amount of wings in the fryer (be careful not to overload)
5. Flash fry the wings until they are golden brown (This shouldn't take very long if you already steamed the wings).
6. Remove the wings from the fryer and pat them down with a paper towel to remove some of the fat.
7. Melt the stick of unsalted butter and add Tabasco Smoked Chipotle Sauce (You actually might want to do this step ahead of time so the sauce is waiting for you when the wings are done being fried.)
8. Either dip the wings in the sauce or toss 'em Willie Style in a large silver bowl. Be sure to coat each wing with the sauce.
9. Enjoy a nice hot plate of fat!
Back to the Recipes Page